A talk about Lighthouses by Rob Wassell
Specifically about the Belle Tout and Beachy Head lighthouses at Beachy Head in East Sussex.
Rob's talks are popular with local history groups, conservation societies, clubs and other groups throughout the South East, who are interesting in find out more about these fascinating buildings and what life was like as a lighthouse keeper.
- Coastal erosion and cliff falls
- Shipwrecks and the treacherous coast
- Why do we need lighthouses
- The campaign for a lighthouse at Beachy Head
- Construction of the Belle Tout Lighthouse
- History and information about the Belle Tout Lighthouse
- The moving of the Belle Tout Lighthouse
- Construction of the Beachy Head Lighthouse
- History and information about the Beachy Head Lighthouse
- Life as a lighthouse keeper
- A visit to the Beachy Head Lighthouse
- The re-painting of the red and white stripes
Complete with slides, including rare photos and pictures that many people will never have seen before.
The lighthouse talk lasts one hour with questions at the end.
The talk can be shortened if required and the content will be adjusted to fit.
I can produce bespoke lighthouse talks if required, i.e. if more technical information is required for instance.
If you would like to book Rob Wassell to talk about Lighthouses for your group, please get in touch.